In this quick walkthrough we're going show you how to access Horizon Cloud on Microsoft Azure Desktops and Applications from the TestDrive environment.
- Log in to TestDrive Portal.
- Expand the Horizon Cloud Service from the Digital Workspace tab on the dashboard.
- Launch Desktops and Apps from Workspace ONE.
- Connect to available Horizon Cloud v1 FedRAMP Desktops and Apps from Workspace ONE.
In order to access the Horizon Cloud Desktop User Portal and launch desktops and applications, please ensure you have the following:
- A valid account in the VMware TestDrive environment, sign up here if you don't yet have an account.
- Activated Horizon Cloud for your account by turning on the service at portal.vmtesdrive.com.
- Latest Horizon Clients installed, available via direct download here.
- Network access from your device and TCP & UDP ports 80, 443, 4172 and 8443 enabled.
First, open your favorite web browser and navigate to the TestDrive Portal at https://portal.vmtestdrive.com.
Login with your TestDrive credentials.
Once you've logged in, select Digital Workspace under My Products. Then scroll down to VMware Horizon Cloud Service and expand it.
On the pop-up menu, under Horizon Cloud v1 FedRAMP, select Desktops and Apps from either Browser or Native Client. Make sure you have the latest Horizon Client installed if choosing choosing Native Client.
In the picture above, we have chosen to Launch via Browser. You will be directed to the Horizon Cloud Desktop User Portal. Enter your TestDrive credentials.
Once logged in you will see your available VDI desktops, RDS desktops and applications. Clicking on a desktop or application will launch it in the HTML 5 browser. Launch RDSH-Microsoft Word.
Microsoft Word launches in the browser. Feel free to add your own text, shapes, and graphs, using it just as you normally would a natively installed version of Word.
In order to launch other applications or a desktop, click the sidebar tab on the left to expand the HTML Access UI. In the next example, we will click on Fed-RDSH-DT.
The RDS desktop will launch and you can now launch Google Chrome and other applications inside the RDS desktop.
Let's have a quick recap of what you performed.
- Logged in to TestDrive Portal.
- Expanded the Horizon Cloud Service from the Digital Workspace tab on the dashboard.
- Launched Desktops and Apps from Workspace ONE.
- Connected to available Horizon Cloud v1 FedRAMP Desktops and Apps from Workspace ONE.