With VMware SASE for Anywhere Workspace, VMware has combined the consistent, secure cloud application access functionality of VMware SD-WAN, Secure Access, and Cloud Web Security with the capability of Workspace ONE to allow only trusted devices and users to access applications hosted on-premises or in the cloud.
Capabilities of SASE include:
- Cloud-native, multi-tenant platform for on-ramp to public and private cloud.
- Unified secure access for branch, campus, and mobile users.
- Contextual access based on user identity, device location, and security posture.
- Web and security policy control.
In this flow, you will walk through a SASE for Anywhere Workspace demo in the ready-to-use TestDrive environment.
Before You Begin
In order to complete a VMware Secure Access Walkthrough, you'll need the following:
- A demo user account
- A Windows 10 physical device or VM with rollback.
- Access to the ready to use Workspace ONE UEM Console with Device Administrator at World Wide Enterprises role.
- A Dropbox account. Any Dropbox account will do.
Hub-initiated enrollment is currently the recommended Windows enrollment method for a Windows device with an existing user profile.
- One the device, launch the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub (Hub).
- When prompted, enter your Workspace ONE enrollment email address to be automatically routed to testdrive.awmdm.com, choose the enrollment OG, and authenticate into Workspace ONE.
- Proceed through accepting all prompts until enrollment is completed.
Enrollment email: <username>@vmtestdrive.com
Organization Group: Enterprise - Corporate Owned Demo
Enrollment credentials: TestDrive username & password
Check your device in the Workspace ONE UEM console to verify that enrollment has completed.