In this section, you will go through the experience as a victim. You will open the email using outlook, open the attachment etc., all the steps what victim had gone through.
This attack is phishing email turned into a ransomware.
- Set up outlook without an email account. For more instructions in detail, see next steps
- Open & Export, Import from another program or file
- Import Outlook Data File (.pst) located C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Carter.Hale
- Note: Please be sure to import pst file from the given location.
- Open the Word document attachment in the email from [email protected]
2. After Outlook has been launched, click on File in the Outlook window
3. Select Open & Export then select Inport/Export
8. Type in the Windows explorer browser.
- C:\Users\Public\Desktop\ then hit Enter
Note: It is important that you type the exact location.
Tip: If you are using Horizon client (not browser), you can copy/paste this location from this guide to TestDrive user experience environment.
9. Select Carter.Hale (This is the outlook pst file)
10. Click on open
Note: Verify that you are importing the correct pst file
11. Click on Next, then click on Finish
13. [Optional] Read the 1st email from [email protected]
14. Click and open attachment, the Word document
15. Click on Enable Editing