VMware NSX Advanced Load Balancer (Avi Networks) uses a software-defined architecture that separates the central control plane (Avi Controller) from the distributed data plane (Avi Service Engines). NSX Advanced Load Balancer is 100% REST API based, making it fully automatable and seamless with the CI/CD pipeline for application delivery. The Avi Controller is the “brain” of the entire system and acts as a single point of intelligence, management, and control for the distributed data plane. The Avi SE represent full-featured, enterprise-grade load balancers, web application firewall (WAF), and analytics that provide traffic management and application security while collecting real-time analytics from the traffic flows. The Avi Controller provides comprehensive observability based on closed-loop telemetry and presents actionable insights to make decisions based on application monitoring, end-to-end timing, searchable traffic logs, security insights, log insights, client insights, and more.
Follow the steps below for a quick start of the VMware NSX Advanced Load Balancer TestDrive environment.
Use the Testdrive Credentials provided in the Login Credentials menu on the top right corner to sign-in to VMware Horizon.
- Click the copy icon next to the username to copy
- Paste it on the Horizon username field by clicking on it, followed by pressing CTRL+v (Windows) or Command (⌘) + v (macOS) on your keyboard
- Next, click the copy icon next to the password to copy
- Paste it on the Horizon password field by clicking on it, followed by pressing CTRL+v (Windows) or Command (⌘) + v (macOS) on your keyboard
- Click Login to access
Other pasting options:
- Windows: use right-click on your mouse/ trackpad and select Paste
- macOS: press and hold the control key while you click the Horizon username/password field and select Paste
Once logged in, search for 'TD-NSX-ADVANCED-LB' on the Apps Tab and click on the Horizon Desktop to launch it on your Browser.