In this quick walkthrough we're going show you how to access Horizon Cloud on Hosted Infrastructure - Desktops and Applications from the TestDrive environment
- Log in to TestDrive Portal
- Launch the Horizon Cloud Desktop User Portal from the nav bar section of your dashboard
- Login to the Horizon Cloud Desktop User Portal
- Connect to available Horizon Cloud Desktops and Apps from the portal
In order to access the Horizon Cloud Desktop User Portal and launch desktops and applications, please ensure you have the following:
- A valid account in the VMware TestDrive environment, signup here if you don't and follow this guide
- Activated Horizon Cloud for your account by following the guide here
- Latest Horizon Clients installed, available via direct download here
- Network access from your device and TCP ports 80, 443, 4172 and 8443 enabled
OK let's go, open your favorite web browser and navigate to the TestDrive Portal at:
Once you've logged in, click on LAUNCH SERVICES, then under Horizon Cloud with Hosted Infrastructure, click on Desktops and Apps.
You will be directed to the Horizon Cloud Desktop User Portal. Enter your TestDrive credentials, making sure the domain is set to VMWDEMO
Once logged in you will see your available desktops and applications. Clicking on a desktop or application will launch it in the HTML 5 browser. Launch Paint . NET
Paint . Net launches in the browser. In order to launch other applications or a desktop, click the sidebar tab on the left to expand the HTML Access UI, and click on a Windows 10 Desktop
The Windows 10 Desktop will launch and you can now launch Google Chrome and other applications inside the Windows 10 Desktop.
That's a logical place to stop, let's have a quick recap of what happened!
- Log in to Testdrive Portal
- Launch the Horizon Cloud User Portal from the nav bar section of your dashboard
- Login to the Horizon Cloud User Portal
- Connect to available Horizon Cloud Desktops and Applications from the portal
Check out the TestDrive Support KB for further walkthroughs, FAQs and information regarding the VMware Global Demo Environment.
For support or to report issues with any of the demo systems please send us an email.