In this quick walkthrough we're going show you how to access Horizon Cloud on Microsoft Azure Desktops and Applications from the TestDrive environment
- Log in to Testdrive Portal
- Launch the Horizon Cloud on Microsoft Azure and Applications User Portal from the Empower Digital Workspace tab on the dashboard
- Login to the Horizon Cloud Desktop User Portal
- Connect to available Horizon Cloud Desktops and Apps from the portal
Before You Begin
In order to access the Horizon Cloud Desktop User Portal and launch desktops and applications, please ensure you have the following:
- A valid account in the VMware TestDrive environment, sign up here if you don't yet have an account
- Activated Horizon Cloud for your account by turning on the service at portal.vmtesdrive.com
- Latest Horizon Clients installed, available via direct download here
- Network access from your device and TCP ports 80, 443, 4172 and 8443 enabled
OK let's go, open your favorite web browser and navigate to the TestDrive Portal at:
Once you've logged in, select Empower Digital Workspace under My Products. Then scroll down to Horizon Cloud and click Launch.
On the pop-up menu, under Microsoft Azure, select Desktops and Apps.
You will be directed to the Horizon Cloud Desktop User Portal. Enter your TestDrive credentials, making sure the domain is set to DefaultDomain.
Once logged in you will see your available RDS desktop and applications. Clicking on a desktop or application will launch it in the HTML 5 browser. Launch Paint.NET
Paint.NET launches in the browser.
In order to launch other applications or a desktop, click the sidebar tab on the left to expand the HTML Access UI, and click on the RDS desktop.
The RDS desktop will launch and you can now launch Google Chrome and other applications inside the RDS desktop.
That's a logical place to stop, let's have a quick recap of what happened!
- Log in to TestDrive Portal
- Launch the Horizon Cloud User Portal from My Products > Empower Digital Workspace
- Login to the Horizon Cloud User Portal
- Connect to available Horizon Cloud Desktops and Applications from the portal
Check out the TestDrive Support KB for further walkthroughs, FAQs and information regarding TestDrive.