Advanced Remote Management is VMware AirWatch's modern device remote control and management functionality available for supported Android and Windows Mobile devices.
In TestDrive, Advanced Remote Management is available and can be enabled by request on your organization's "scripted demos" AirWatch tenant.
TestDrive Advanced Remote Management Requirements
Please ensure you having completed the following tenant and device requirements before attempting Advanced Remote Management:
AirWatch Tenant Requirements
- Advanced Remote Management must be enabled on an organization's airwatch.vmtestdrive.com tenant.
Click here to submit an Advanced Remote Management enablement request. In the request, include your organization's AirWatch tenant name. Please include a screenshot of the specific tenant.
Android Device Requirements
- Enroll as a Work Managed Device. Advanced Remote Management is not supported in the work profile, i.e., in the BYOD use case.
- All supported Android devices—with the exception of Samsung—must have the Remote Management Agent and an OEM-specific Remote Management Service. Samsung does not require a Remote Management Service.
- Remote Management Agent 4.x (ARM agent) - Installs automatically on Work Managed Devices in the "Enterprise - EMM Demo."
- Remote Management Service (ARM service) - OEM-specific ARM service apps are available for manual deployment in the "Enterprise - EMM Demo." (Note: If necessary, check resources.air-watch.com for an ARM service not managed in TestDrive. It'll need to be side-loaded.)
Windows Mobile Device Requirements
- Remote Management agent CAB installed