This quick guide will show you how to invite your customers to TestDrive; and how to extend their accounts.
In order to invite customers to TestDrive:
- You must be either a VMware employee or a VMware partner.
- Have an active TestDrive account. Also, the account must be a TestDrive Super User (Only for VMware Employees or VMware Partners).
Send an Invitation
First, open a browser and navigate to the TestDrive Portal at testdrive.vmware.com.
Log in with your TestDrive username and password.
Click the "Invite Users" button under the blue My Customers card.
Next, you'll have the option to enter a Salesforce Opportunity ID. This process is different depending on if you are a VMware employee or VMware Partner.
Instructions for VMware Employees
- Navigate to login.vmware.com and sign in.
- Launch into VMStar - Salesforce.
- Locate your Opportunity.
- You will see a field titled "Opportunity ID". This number is what you will enter into the "Salesforce Deal Registration ID" field within the TestDrive portal.
Instructions for VMware Partners
- Navigate to Partner Central at https://www.vmware.com/partners.html and sign in.
- Select Opportunity Registration from the top menu bar.
- On this page you will see a "Manage Your Opportunities" button.
- This link opens a search screen where you can search for your opportunity.
- Each opportunity has a ORTN number. This ORTN number is what you will enter into the "Salesforce Deal Registration ID" field within the TestDrive portal. Ensure you are using the format ORTN-#######.
Enter the user's info and click Next.
If you try to submit the form without providing a valid SFDC ID, you'll get a warning dialog.
Continue with the registration and enter a username for the users along with job title, region, and industry segment.
Next, you can pick and choose which products and integrations you want your customer to have access to.
If Display to user is checked ON the user will be able to view the service and turn it on if it is not already turned on. If Display to user is OFF the user will not see it in the products page.
If Start Enabled is ON, the service will automatically be turned on for the user before they login for the first time. If start enabled is OFF and Start enabled is off the user will not see the service and will not be able to turn it on either.
On a successful submission, you'll get a 'Invitation successfully sent' message.
Extend an Account
Once you have invited your user to TestDrive, you can extend their account to a maximum of 60 days with a valid SF Opportunity ID (VMware Employees) or Advantage + ID (Partners).
To extend customer accounts, click the "Manage Users" link under the blue Customers card, which will open up the list of your invited users.
For the account you wish to extend, click the clock icon under Actions.
If you did not enter a Salesforce ID during the invitation process, you can enter it here. Otherwise, enter your reason for extension, then click the Extend button.
For Additional Support