In this walkthrough, we'll show you how to invite your customers to TestDrive.
- Sending Customer Invitations
- Log in to Testdrive Portal
- Fill in and submit the customer invitation form
- Confirm the invite was sent successfully
Before You Begin
In order to invite customers to use the TestDrive environment check you have the following
- A valid account in the VMware TestDrive environment, sign up here
- Super User Access (Must be a VMware Employee or VMware Partner)
Sending Customer Invitations
First, open your favorite web browser and navigate to the TestDrive Portal at portal.vmtestdrive.com.
Login with your TestDrive username and password.
Once logged in, click the "Invite Users" button under the blue Customers card which will open up an invite form for you to fill out.
Next, you'll have the option to enter a Salesforce Opportunity ID. This process is different depending on if you are a VMware employee or VMware Partner.
Instructions for VMware Employees
- Navigate to login.vmware.com and sign in.
- Launch into VMStar - Salesforce.
- Locate your Opportunity.
- You will see a field titled "Opportunity ID". This number is what you will enter into the "Salesforce Deal Registration ID" field within the TestDrive portal.
Instructions for VMware Parnters
- Navigate to Partner Central at https://www.vmware.com/partners.html and sign in.
- Select Opportunity Registration from the top menu bar.
- On this page you will see a "Manage Your Opportunities" button.
- This link opens a search screen where you can search for your opportunity.
- Each opportunity has a ORTN number. This ORTN number is what you will enter into the "Salesforce Deal Registration ID" field within the TestDrive portal. Ensure you are using the format ORTN-#######.
Enter the user's info and click Next.
If you try to submit the form without providing a valid SFDC ID, you'll get a warning dialog.
Continue with the registration and enter a username for the users along with job title, region, and industry segment.
Next, you can pick and choose which products and integrations you want your customer to have access to.
If Display to user is checked ON the user will be able to view the service and turn it on if it is not already turned on. If Display to user is OFF the user will not see it in the products page.
If Start Enabled is ON, the service will automatically be turned on for the user before they login for the first time. If start enabled is OFF and Start enabled is off the user will not see the service and will not be able to turn it on either.
On a successful submission, you'll get a 'Invitation successfully sent' message.
For Additional Support