VMware SD-WAN by VeloCloud delivers a highly reliable and secure application-centric service for even the most latency-sensitive applications, independent of the underlying links. This is achieved by leveraging a simplified cloud-based platform that delivers the required business agility, performance, and simplicity. VMware SD-WAN ensures the secure delivery of traffic across various transports including the internet. It uniquely delivers simplified management with elimination of traditional CLI-based configuration and monitoring.
Follow the steps below for a quickstart of the VeloCloud lab environment and to download the full Lab Guide.
- Section 1: Enabling a VeloCloud Pod and Accessing the RDSH Jumpbox
- Section 2: Accessing the Connections Home Page and Orchestrator (VCO)
- Section 3: Lab Guide Download and Notes
Before you Begin
In order to complete this product walkthrough please make sure you have the following:
- A valid account in the VMware TestDrive environment, sign up here if you do not have one.
- TCP & UDP ports 80, 443, 8443; and if using PCoIP, both TCP & UDP 4172
- An Horizon Client installed on your machine.
Section 1: Enabling a VeloCloud Pod and Accessing the RDSH Jumpbox
Enter your TestDrive Username and Password and select ENTER.
Next, locate the VeloCloud product under the Intrinsic Security tab. Toggle the switch stating the product is disabled to ON.
You'll get a notification that the product is being turned on for your account. Once the provisioning is complete, the VeloCloud service will update and show a count down timer. This is how much time you have left to use the VeloCloud environment.
Once the service finishes provisioning, you will see credentials and link to the complete VeloCloud lab guide populated in the TestDrive portal. The credentials section shows you which username and password to use for Workspace ONE, and which credentials to use within the VeloCloud Horizon Desktop. Please refer back to these credentials as you follow the steps in the guides.
Click LAUNCH and LAUNCH VIA WORKSPACE ONE.
A new tab will open with Workspace ONE. Enter your TestDrive Username, then hit Next.
On the next screen, enter your TestDrive Password then hit Sign in.
Next, search for the VeloCloud desktop. Click to open into the desktop either via HTML access or Horizon Client access.
Now you'll be on the VeloCloud RDSH desktop.
Section 2: Accessing the Connections Home Page and the Orchestrator
Within the VeloCloud RDSH desktop, launch Google Chrome from the shortcut on the desktop and enter the URL listed in the VeloCloud card on the TestDrive portal and hit Enter. Below is an example of the formatted URL to enter. Please use the one listed in your own Portal view.
At the VMWARE SD-WAN TRAINING POD login screen, enter the Username and Password listed in your Portal view.
After successful login, you will be presented with the Home Page which gives you access to all the sites and devices.
To access sites with + sign, expand the connection by clicking on the + sign. The below figure shows expansion of the Chicago and Dallas Branch Sites. This allows access to all the resources available for each site.
With the multiple connections shown, you have the option to click on a connection to access it and use the browser back button to navigate back to the home page to access other connections or you can right click on each connection to open it in a separate browser tab.
Below is an example of using a right click to open the Chicago-VCE in a new browser tab.
Most of the lab pod work is going to be done from the Orchestrator (VCO) connection.
Open the VCO connection and within it, launch the Web Browser icon on the desktop. In the Firefox web browser, click the VCO bookmark which will open the Orchestrator login page at https://vco1.lab.velocloud.org with the Username and Password auto-populated.
Click the Sign In button and you should then be presented with the Orchestrator interface.
Section 3: Lab Guide Download and Notes
Download the complete lab guide at the following link:
Please note the following:
- Page 9 of the lab guide references firstname.lastname@example.org for requesting the VMware SD-WAN Enterprise lab. If you send a message there and it is bounced back to you, then please use email@example.com instead.
- Page 32 of the lab guide mentions the lab is available for 5 days. If you are using this through TestDrive, it will be available for 2 days (48 hours) from when you enable it in the TestDrive Portal.
- Page 32 of the lab guide mentions URL http://entadv-<n>.labs.velocloud.org. If you are using this through TestDrive, you will use URL http://IP-address as instructed above in Section 2 of this Lab Quickstart article.
- If instructed to open VCO (VeloCloud Orchestrator) and web browser does not resolve or auto-populate the login credentials, use the values listed below.
- Username: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: Welcome2Velocloud