In this quick walkthrough we're going to show you how to launch Horizon Virtual Desktops from Workspace ONE.
- Log in to Workspace ONE
- Launch Windows 10 Virtual Desktop
Before You Begin
In order to perform the full end-to-end demo make sure you have the following:
- A valid account in the VMware TestDrive environment, sign up here if you don't yet have an account
- TCP & UDP ports 80, 443, 8443; and if using PCoIP, both TCP & UDP 4172
- Latest Horizon Client installed, available via direct download here
Let's get started, open up your favorite web browser and get signed into Workspace ONE at
Enter your TestDrive username (username only, not your email address), then hit Next.
Enter your TestDrive password, then hit Sign in.
You will first be brought to the Favorites section.
Go to the Apps section at the top of the page, then scroll to the bottom of the page to Categories and click on Horizon.
Find TD-WINDOWS10 on the page. Click the three dots in the lower right corner of the icon and choose Add to Favorites.
Go back to the Favorites section where you will now see TD-WINDOWS10. Click on the three dots in the lower right corner of the icon and choose Launch from Client (requires Horizon Client already installed on your local machine) or Launch from Browser to open the virtual desktop in a separate tab.
After a few moments, the application will launch in the Horizon Client or your web browser.
The desktops in the TD-WINDOWS10 pool have been deployed as non-persistent instant clones, configured with App Volumes writable volumes and Dynamic Environment Manager.
Explore the Windows 10 virtual desktop functionality and performance.
This Windows 10 virtual desktop has been configured with shortcuts to experience other Digital Workspace Product Walkthroughs such as Accessing the Horizon Administrator Console, vRealize Operations Management Pack for Horizon, and VMware AppVolumes.
Please visit the Digital Workspace Product Walkthroughs page for a complete list of guides.
- Log Into Workspace ONE Access
- Add a Horizon Windows 10 virtual desktop to your Favorites
- Launch Windows 10 Virtual Desktop using Horizon Client or web browser