In this quick walkthrough we're going show you how to launch Horizon Virtual Desktops from Workspace ONE Access (formerly called VMware Identity Manager).
- Log in to Workspace ONE Access
- Launch Windows 10 Virtual Desktop
Before You Begin
In order to perform the full end-to-end demo make sure you have the following:
- A valid account in the VMware TestDrive environment, sign up here if you don't yet have an account
- TCP & UDP ports 80, 443, 8443; and if using PCoIP, both TCP & UDP 4172
- Latest Horizon Client installed, available via direct download here
Let's get started, open up your favorite web browser and get sign into Workspace ONE using your TestDrive username and password.
You will first be brought to the Favorites section.
Go to the Apps section and from the Categories on the left, click on Horizon 7, then find TD-WINDOWS10 on the right side. Click the star next to OPEN in order to add it to your Favorites.
Go back to the Favorites section where you will now see TD-WINDOWS10. Move your cursor over it and click on the three dots that appear which will give you a list of options.
Click on Launch from Client (requires Horizon Client already installed on your local machine) or Launch from Browser to open the virtual desktop in a separate tab. For best performance, use Horizon Client which uses Blast Extreme as the default protocol.
You may receive a prompt asking "How do you want to launch Horizon?". Choose your desired option.
The desktops in the TD-WINDOWS10 pool have been deployed as non-persistent linked clones, configured with App Volumes writable volumes and Dynamic Environment Manager.
Explore the Windows 10 virtual desktop functionality and performance.
This Windows 10 virtual desktop has been configured with shortcuts to experience other Digital Workspace Product Walkthroughs such as Accessing the Horizon Administrator Console, vRealize Operations for Horizon Overview, and VMware Appvolumes - Writable Volumes and Appstacks.
Please visit the Digital Workspace Product Walkthroughs page for a complete list of guides.
- Log Into Workspace ONE Access
- Add a Horizon Windows 10 virtual desktop to your Favorites
- Launch Windows 10 Virtual Desktop using Horizon Client or web browser