The Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub's next great evolution is multi-factor authentication (MFA) support. With the modern Intelligent Hub and Workspace ONE Access's Verify Intelligent Hub authentication method, at no additional cost, organizations have a super-simple and streamlined MFA solution for their Workspace ONE applications.
In the digital workspace, Verify Intelligent Hub is an industry-first MFA solution. VMware TestDrive is glad to provide this Workspace ONE Intelligent MFA demonstration.
Before You Begin
- An active account in the TestDrive portal.
- Dropbox integration enabled in the TestDrive portal.
- A device either enrolled or registered into TestDrive's Workspace ONE UEM environment.
- To use admin role Device Administrator at World Wide Enterprises in UEM.
- To check out this excellent TechZone video.
- No phone number, no preregistration of users, and no separate MFA app are needed.
- The Verify Intelligent Hub authentication method works on devices both registered and enrolled using the Intelligent Hub. Therefore, all Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub users—regardless of their device management type—can utilize MFA in the Intelligent Hub.
- All of your organization's web apps and virtual apps can be set up fro MFA in the Hub. As well, accessing Workspace ONE itself can use it!
MFA Simplicity in the Intelligent Hub
Simulating a home or public computer, on an unenrolled device, open a browser and go to the TestDrive Workspace ONE instance:
Log in with your TestDrive username and password.
Find the Dropbox web app and launch it.
If you can't find the Dropbox web app, most likely Dropbox has not been enabled on your TestDrive account. Log in to the TestDrive portal, go to Sample Integrations > enable Dropbox.
Note: Sample Integrations like Dropbox have a limited number of licenses.
Upon initial Dropbox launch, Workspace ONE Access's Verify Intelligent Hub authentication will kick in. The countdown clock (time limit) is configurable in Workspace ONE Access's authentication method settings for Verify (Intelligent Hub).
If you have multiple devices enrolled/registered in Workspace ONE, each of those devices is listed in the dropdown. Select your in-hand device.
In a moment, the device will receive a push notification in the Intelligent Hub.
Note the countdown clock in the upper right of the Hub's notification.
The priority notification provides the sign-in request's user, device, and IP information.
In Workspace ONE Access, we have configured the Verify (Intelligent Hub) authentication method to enforce app level security when approving the access. Depending on your MFA device's authentication setup, you'll first be prompted for either a biometric or passcode confirmation to approve the sign-in request.
In the Hub on your Verify device, approve the Dropbox sign-in request.
Back on your home computer, access is granted.
Appendix A - Workspace ONE Access Admin Settings
The Workspace ONE Access settings for the authentication method Verify (Intelligent Hub) are shown below.
After drilling into the authentication method (above), enhanced verification settings are set within (below).