The Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub's next great evolution is multi-factor authentication (MFA) support. With the modern Intelligent Hub and Workspace ONE Access's Verify Intelligent Hub authentication method, at no additional cost, organizations have a super-simple and streamlined MFA solution for their Workspace ONE applications.
Verify Intelligent Hub is an industry-first MFA solution for the digital workspace. VMware TestDrive is excited to provide you this Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub MFA demo flow.
Before You Begin
- A valid account in the VMware TestDrive portal.
- Activated Dropbox integration the TestDrive portal.
- A device either enrolled or registered into TestDrive's Workspace ONE UEM environment.
- Workspace ONE UEM admin role Device Administrator at World Wide Enterprises
- To check out this excellent TechZone video.
- No phone number, no preregistration of users, and no separate MFA app are needed.
- The Verify Intelligent Hub authentication method works on any device that is either registered or enrolled using the Intelligent Hub.
- Verify Intelligent Hub authentication (MFA) can be set as a requirement on a per app basis for:
- Workspace ONE web or virtual apps
- Log in to Workspace ONE itself
MFA Simplicity in the Intelligent Hub
Simulating a home or public computer, on an unenrolled device, open a browser and go to the TestDrive Workspace ONE instance:
Log in with your TestDrive username and password.
Find the Dropbox web app and launch it.
If you can't find the Dropbox web app, most likely Dropbox has not been enabled on your TestDrive account. Log in to the TestDrive portal, go to Sample Integrations > enable Dropbox.
Note: Sample Integrations have licensing limitations.
Upon initial Dropbox launch, Workspace ONE Access's Verify Intelligent Hub authentication will kick in. The time limit is configurable in Workspace ONE Access's authentication method settings for Verify (Intelligent Hub).
If you have multiple devices enrolled/registered in Workspace ONE, each of those devices is listed in the dropdown. Select your in-hand device.
In a moment, the device will receive a push notification in the Intelligent Hub.
The priority notification provides the sign-in request's user, device, and IP information.
In Workspace ONE Access, we have configured the Verify (Intelligent Hub) authentication method to enforce app level security when approving the access. Depending on your MFA device's authentication setup, you'll first be prompted for either a biometric or passcode confirmation to approve the sign-in request.
In the Hub on your Verify device, approve the Dropbox sign-in request.
Back on your home computer, access is granted.
Appendix A - Workspace ONE Access Admin Settings
The Workspace ONE Access settings for the authentication method Verify (Intelligent Hub) are shown below.
After drilling into the authentication method (above), enhanced verification settings are set within (below).