This brief guide shows you how to (1) invite your customers to TestDrive and (2) extend a customer's TestDrive account.
In order to manage TestDrive customers, you must:
- Be a VMware employee or a VMware partner
- Have a TestDrive account with the 'Super User' role. Sign up here.
Invite a Customer
The following steps are a summary of the customer invite process:
- Using TestDrive's "Invite Users" function, a VMware employee or partner invites the customer.
- TestDrive sends an email invitation to the customer.
- The customer uses the email's invite link to complete their TestDrive user profile.
- TestDrive sends an account verification email to the customer.
- The customer confirms the account.
- The customer displays as active in the TestDrive portal.
Log in to the TestDrive Portal (testdrive.vmware.com). On the right side, go to the My Customers card > Invite Users.
Next, you'll have the option to enter a Salesforce Opportunity ID. This process is different depending on if you are a VMware employee or VMware Partner.
- Navigate to Partner Central at https://www.vmware.com/partners.html and sign in.
- Select Opportunity Registration on the top menu bar.
- On this page you will see a "Manage Your Opportunities" button.
- This link opens a search screen where you can search for your opportunity.
- Each opportunity has a ORTN number. This ORTN number is what you will enter into the"Salesforce Deal Registration ID" field within the TestDrive portal. Ensure you are using the format ORTN-#######.
- Enter the user's info and click Next. If you try to submit the form without providing a valid SFDC ID, you'll get a warning dialog.
- Continue with the registration and enter a username for the users along with job title, region, and industry segment.
- Next, you can pick and choose which products and integrations you want your customer to have access to.
- If Display to user is checked ON the user will be able to view the service and turn it on if it is not already turned on.
- If Display to user is OFF the user will not see it in the products page.
- If Start Enabled is ON, the service will automatically be turned on for the user before they login for the first time.
- If Start Enabled is OFF, the user will not see the service and will not be able to turn it on either.
- On a successful submission, you'll get a'Invitation successfully sent' message.
- Go to the corporate Workspace ONE user portal and launch VMStar (Salesforce).
- Find the opportunity and click into it.
- Locate the 'Opportunity ID' and enter its number into TestDrive's 'Salesforce Deal Registration ID' field.
Extend a Customer Account
By default, a TestDrive account with a valid Salesforce Opportunity ID is valid for 30 days. Without a valid Opportunity ID, a TestDrive account is limited to 5 days.
Once you have invited your user to TestDrive, you can extend their account to a maximum of 60 days with a valid Salesforce Opportunity ID (VMware Employees) or Advantage + ID (Partners).
To extend the customer account, on the Users card, click Manage Invitations. You'll then see a list of your invited, confirmed, and active users.
Find the account you wish to extend, go to Actions > clock icon.
If you did not enter a Salesforce ID during the invitation process, you can enter it here. Otherwise, enter your reason for extension, then click the Extend button.
For special circumstances, a TestDrive administrator can manually extend a TestDrive account. File a support case with the reason for an extension beyond default limits.