- Log in to TestDrive Portal
- Expand The Horizon Cloud Service Product tile from the Digital Workspace tab on the dashboard
- Launch Desktops and Apps
- Log in to Workspace ONE
- Launch Horizon Cloud Service Next Gen icon
- Launch DSC-VDI-MultiSession
- View Currently installed Applications, notice Microsoft Office is not in the list.
- Find and Launch Microsoft Word
- View Currently installed Applications, notice Microsoft Office is now in the list. .
In order to access the Horizon Cloud Desktop User Portal and launch desktops and applications, please ensure you have the following:
- A valid account in the VMware TestDrive environment, sign up here if you don't yet have an account
- Activated Horizon Cloud for your account by turning on the service at portal.vmtestdrive.com
- Latest Horizon Clients installed, available via direct download here
- Network access from your device and TCP & UDP ports 80, 443, 4172 and 8443 enabled
OK let's go, open your favorite web browser and navigate to the TestDrive Portal at:
Once you've logged in, select Digital Workspace under My Products. Then scroll down to Horizon Cloud Service, Expand and click the Launch button.
Under the Horizon Cloud Next Gen Section of the Launch Menu, click Desktops and Apps
Log in to Workspace ONE portal with your TestDrive credentials when prompted.
Once Logged in to Workspace ONE, click in Search, and type Horizon Cloud..and next to the Horizon Cloud NextGen result, click the star to add as favorite.
Click out of the search window and select the "Favorites" column then select the Horizon Cloud Service next-gen icon
From the Horizon Menu, launch the DSC-VDI-MultiSession Desktop
From the desktop, right click on the Windows start button and select "Apps and Features"
Note Microsoft Office is not installed at present.
From the Desktop click the Windows Start icon
Scroll down and select "Word"
Note App Volumes at this point delivers the Application in real time.
Go back to the Control Panel as earlier. Note the presence of Microsoft Office now present in the list.
In order to view the App Volumes settings in the Horizon Cloud Next Gen Universal Console, please go through the steps in the walkthrough guide here https://kb.vmtestdrive.com/a/1676328-horizon-cloud-on-microsoft-azure-next-gen-universal-console?token=nMIisz2XwX7udeiLTRLr6E5vgCtcGF4t
This completes the VMware App Volumes Apps on Demand demo on Horizon Cloud Next Gen. Great Job!
- Logged in to TestDrive Portal
- Expanded The Horizon Cloud Service Product tile from the Digital Workspace tab on the dashboard
- Launched Desktops and Apps
- Logged in to Workspace ONE
- Launched Horizon Cloud Service Next Gen icon
- Launched DSC-VDI-MultiSession
- Viewed Currently installed Applications, noting absence of Microsoft Office
- Found and Launched Microsoft Word
- Viewed currently installed Applications, noticed Microsoft Office is now in the list. .