- Log in to TestDrive Portal
- Expand The Horizon Cloud Service Product tile from the Digital Workspace tab on the dashboard
- Launch Desktops and Apps
- Log in to Workspace ONE
- Launch Horizon Cloud Service Next Gen icon
- Launch Microsoft Word
- Launch DSC-VDI-MultiSession Desktop
In order to access the Horizon Cloud Desktop User Portal and launch desktops and applications, please ensure you have the following:
- A valid account in the VMware TestDrive environment, sign up here if you don't yet have an account
- Activated Horizon Cloud for your account by turning on the service at portal.vmtestdrive.com
- Latest Horizon Clients installed, available via direct download here
- Network access from your device and TCP & UDP ports 80, 443, 4172 and 8443 enabled
OK let's go, open your favorite web browser and navigate to the TestDrive Portal at:
Once you've logged in, select Digital Workspace under My Products. Then scroll down to Horizon Cloud Service and click Launch.
Under the Horizon Cloud Next Gen Section of the Launch Menu, click Desktops and Apps
Log in to Workspace ONE portal with your TestDrive credentials when prompted.
Once Logged in to Workspace ONE, click in Search, and type Horizon Cloud..and next to the Horizon Cloud NextGen result, click the star to add as favorite.
Click out of the search window and select the "Favorites" column then select the Horizon Cloud Service next-gen icon
Launch Microsoft Word
Microsoft Word launches in the browser. Feel free to add your own text, shapes, and graphs, using it just as you normally would a natively installed version of Word.
Close Microsoft Word and then from the Horizon Menu, launch the DSC-VDI-MultiSession Desktop
From the Windows 11 Desktop run any installed apps and log out.
That's a logical place to stop, let's have a quick recap of what happened!